Windows XP is an old but very famous operating system for computers. You can estimate the level of its success by the fact that still there are million of people who are using it. Today, we are going to teach you how to connect internet to PC on Windows XP.
Even though this must be the easiest thing to do for most of the computer users, it is certainly not for those who are new to this stuff. If you have bought a desktop or laptop PC for the first time and you don't know how to set it up, we are here to help you.
This post focuses on the process of teaching you how to setup internet or how to connect internet to PC on Windows XP. Since there are two different methods of doing that, we will be teaching you both. There are few prerequisites which you need to have for this which are mentioned below:
- After installing Windows XP, make sure that you install the Ethernet controller driver.
- If you want to connect through a wireless connection, make sure that you install the driver for your wireless receiver.
- An internet cable should be present.
Once you have these things, you are good to follow the rest of the guide so let's begin.
How to Connect Internet to PC on Windows XP?
If you want to connect internet to PC on Windows XP, follow the steps below:
- Once you have installed Windows XP, install the Ethernet Controller driver for it.
- Now connect the internet cable into the internet port of your laptop and computer.
- Start browsing the internet and you are done.
Even though desktop computers do not feature a wireless receiver, you can connect an external one. Then follow the steps given below and you will be done:
- Connect the wireless adapter to your computer.
- For a laptop computer, you do not need it since it has a built-in one.
- Now install the driver for your wireless adapter and this step is needed on both laptop and desktop.
- Now make sure that your wireless internet is on.
- Connect it and enjoy.